Learn more about common eye surgeries:
- Start here for an overview of the different types of surgery to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism; and the merits and drawbacks of each.
- It’s the most popular vision correction surgery, by far. Learn what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- Complications from LASIK are few, but they do happen. It’s important to understand the risks, and how to minimize them.
- Successful LASIK surgeons get that way from experience and the ability to screen out poor candidates for the procedure. Here’s the list of what makes you a good candidate.
- An alternative to LASIK, PPK is a no-flap eye surgery. Learn about the advantages and disadvantages, as well as what to expect.
- A number of relatively new procedures are addressing the age-related decrease in ability to focus on near objects, that was once correctable only with bifocals.
- These small lenses or optical devices are inserted into the cornea to alter its shape and correct vision problems.
- Sometimes because of disease or injury, the cornea becomes so damaged that problems cannot be corrected with eyeglasses, contacts, or refractive surgery such as LASIK.
Sunday hours are available by appointment.